Tuesday 20 September 2011

CARLINGFORDD TRIP!!!!!

The usual start to the week would be the painful pull out of the bed in the morning to get ready for school! however his week was MUCH different :D. Even though I did have to get up much earlier than usually I was more than willing to pull myself out of the bed at 6 o' clock on a Monday morning than ever before!! And I have only go one very simple reason for this..... it was because my year was going to CARLINGFORD!!!!

The bus left at about half seven on its way to Carlingford. The journey was a very long and by the time we reached our destination people excitement limits were a full blown high!!
Our first activity ( and by far the best) was LASER COMBAT. We were divided into two teams ( blues and reds) we were given these special guns and a strap to put on your head with what looked like red light bulbs suck onto it. We had to aim and shoot ( lasers) at the persons bulb's........I am very bad at explaining but hopefully you get the idea :D The only downside of it was that long walk up that EXTREMELY steep hill.... it was a nightmare :L

After our lunch we went to the team building activities...twas great fun!! The best was when we had to go through this small maze in the dark ( with 3 floors)  it was hard but we all got through it in the end :)
 After dinner we went on a LONG walk ( stopped a couple of times to play some games) and then we played nightline. Nightline is when you walk through the forest with a blindfold on!! ( you had a rope to guide you though.... thankfully :D

That evening we went to the common room..... our school and another sat around the fire, ate ( well i did anyway) and we had a little sing song :). One of the workers also preformed a fire show.... he said he had only started at Christmas but he seemed like a professional to me :O :)

The next day we did rock climbing and ab sailing.. I have to say ab sailing was one of the scariest things i have ever done.....I slipped about 5 times :O. I was quite proud of myself I climbed to to the top of each section in the  rock climbing :D. Me and my friends also played a game called knock out which meant every time you climbed the wall you got to pick a rock that nobody could stand on... which made it harder on the next person to reach the top :) I won...... well i say i did :)
After lunch we did orienteering which was very tiring because it meant ALOT of walking up the mountain but we finished it in the end :)

On the journey home i think a lot of people were very sad..... i really wished we could have stayed longer!! However i could barley move with tiredness :L I admit I was very glad to get into my bed :)

Thats all for now,
Niamh
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment